|Position Title: ||Baker |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Food Service |
|Reports To: ||Assistant Manager of the Common Grounds (Coffee House) |
|FLSA: ||Non-Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, preparing and producing bakery goods; ensure consistent product quality and meet daily production needs.
- Ensure ingredients and final products are fresh
- Prepare and bake related menu items that may require short preparation time
- Prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and corporate standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure high-quality food
- Maintain food safety and sanitation standards
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients.
- Decorate baked products using glaze, icing, and other toppings to achieve a finished appearance
- Occasionally serve food
- Assists with receipt of deliveries
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times
- Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting, and shredding fruits and vegetables
- Maintain a clean, sanitized, and safe work station (including utensils, equipment, and dishes) following all Marian University and regulatory rules and procedures
- Completes cleaning according to daily and weekly schedules and dishwashing/pot washing as needed
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training
- Complies with all HACCP policies and procedures
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training, and hazard assessments
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner
- Assists with orienting new employees to their work area
- Ensure that all regulations and standards of health and safety are met at all times, and that the kitchen remains hygienic
- Informs supervisor immediately of any equipment malfunctions or breaks down or if any safety or sanitation hazards are suspected or exist
- Assists in training new employees, as requested by supervisor
- Attends department meetings and in-service programs, as required
- Log refrigerator and freezer temperatures at the beginning and end of shift
Other Responsibilities – 5%
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma with at least 1-2 years’ of experience
- Ability to interact professionally with coworkers and customers, particularly in conflict situations
- Ability to interact politely and resolve customer service issues.
- Ability to multitask, meet specific deadlines, and prioritize tasks and assignments.
- Skills in basic math computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability to exercise good judgement and decisions in an expeditious manner
- Skilled at setting a good example for others
- Ability to concentrate and focus in a noisy environment
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of Marian University
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS PREFFERED:
- Vocational or technical school diploma
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Baker,” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by September 17, 2021, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.