|Position Title: ||Assistant Vice President for Marketing and Communications |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Marketing and Communication |
|Reports To: ||Vice President for Enrollment Management |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, leading a team of marketing and communications professionals in the strategic planning creation and execution of all internal and external communications, including public relations, and institutional messaging and creates effective communication throughout the University.
- Serve as a member of the extended Cabinet, providing insight and expertise to strategic planning and strategic initiative execution
- Advise the Cabinet, President, and Board of Trustees on communications
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, and other supporting material to the President and other key staff as needed
- Oversees department day-to-day activities including budget management and design and development of all University marketing, advertising, and public relations
- Lead the development and implementation of the University’s brand, vision, mission, strategy, and public relations campaigns to recruit students, motivate alumni and donors and attract high quality faculty and staff
- Responsible for integrated marketing and communications products and services including print publications, the University website, and other online communications, public relations, and social media
- Establishes and maintains vendor relationships that fall within the purview of the department
- Read and edit major print documents originating from the President’s Office
- Assist in ongoing development of policies and procedures for University marketing and communications
- Work with staff to maintain and improve the University web content
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the University’s communication master calendar
- Recruit and manage appropriate marketing and communications team to support the development and execution of the University’s marketing and communications strategy
- Promote a culture of high performance, commitment to quality and continuous improvement by establishing and achieving goals, objectives, and priorities
- Ability to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students and interact effectively with all campus departments and participates as part of the campus management team
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation
- Performs other work-related duties as necessary or as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the use of all aspects of social media, including SEO, web analytics, internet technology, and the concepts of brand
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic marketing, communications, and public relations to assist the University in meeting goals
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with Cabinet members, the President, Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, and external constituents
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and demonstrated success in promoting and fostering a student-centered team
- Demonstrated success in planning, organizing and managing the operations and maintaining compliance with Federal, State, and Institutional regulations and policies
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘AVP for Marketing and Communications’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by, August 5, 2022, will receive initial consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.