Assistant Softball Coach
Posting: May 25th, 2016
Position: Assistant Softball Coach
Reports to: Director of Athletics/Head Softball Coach
Job Summary: The Assistant Softball Coach, reporting to the Director of Athletics, is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all phases of our NCAA Division III women’s softball program within compliance of Marian University, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- In collaboration with the Head Coach, the Assistant Softball Coach develops and maintains a system to identify prospective student-athletes. Communicates and networks with high school and club coaches;
- Travels nights and weekends as part of the recruiting process;
- Adhere to all Department, University, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations;
- Assist in player development;
- Assist with scheduling and travel planning;
- Assist the Head Coach with all game day responsibilities, which includes field maintenance;
- Coach the varsity reserve team, beginning in 2017;
- Assist with all phases of Marian Softball Camps;
- Assist in Athletic Department and Softball Program fundraising campaigns;
- Assist in scouting future opponents including video analysis;
- Serves as a role model for the student athletes by exhibiting ethical and professional conduct at all times;
- Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees;
- Additional significant duties will be assigned (based on qualifications and departmental need);
- Other duties as assigned by Head Softball Coach or Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred;
- Able to demonstrate professional development in coaching, collegiate level game knowledge, and a passion for teaching.
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of NCAA Division III philosophy, recruitment, rules and regulations;
- Must have willingness to work nights and weekends;
- Candidate must demonstrate great organizational skills in addition to writing and computer skills, interpersonal communication skills, and leadership abilities;
- Experience with “recruiting software” would be helpful.
- Valid driver’s license is required;
- There must be willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
Application Deadline: Please submit a letter of application, resume, and name, address, and telephone number of three references to:
Mail: Human Resources
45 S. National Avenue
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
For more information see: www.marianuniversity.edu
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice and joined together by spiritual traditions.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Strongly Committed to Diversity