|Position Title: ||Assistant Registrar |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Office of the Registrar |
|Reports To: ||Registrar |
|FLSA: ||Non-Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by providing support to the Registrar and assists to enforce academic and administrative policies and procedures and maintain student academic records. This position provides a cooperative service supported approach with all members of the University, in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
Facilitates Academic Processes and Procedures 60%
- Assists in coordination and publishing of the undergraduate and graduate academic bulletins.
- Supports Curriculum and Educational Standards Committee (CES)
- Initiates the request for agenda items for Curriculum and Educational Standards Committee (CES)
- Compiles and distributes the agenda and handouts monthly
- Serves as recording secretary to CES
- Informs Office of the Registrar team of any changes.
- Maintains and processes curricular changes in PowerCampus passed by the Curriculum and Educational Standards Committee (CES) and the Graduate Curriculum and Educational Standards Committee (CES) after approval by Faculty Senate.
- Manages the processing of academic transcripts including requests, preparation, distribution and record keeping. Serves as liaison to the Parchment exchange platform.
- Facilitates University grading and verification of enrollment procedures.
- Knows general rules, regulations and policies of the University and consistently disseminates information to all constituencies of the University and community.
- Serves as the back-up to the Sr. Assistant Registrar to perform enrollment certifications for student veterans and dependents in accordance with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs rules and regulations.
- Assists with establishing, updating and reviewing policies and procedures in order to assure compliance with University policies and state and federal legislation.
Administrative Support 33%
- Processes Meeting Planner Requests
- Processes all name, demographic, gender, and address change requests from students and alumni through SabreNet and Change of Name/Address form.
- Assists students with course registration and drops.
- Facilitate continuous assessment of transfer credit policies and procedures and other essential functions that lead to improvement of services in the Office of the Registrar.
- Participates in the development of strategic goals and objectives
- Participates in staff department meetings and other committees as assigned; member of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Offices and Wisconsin Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES 5%
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred from an accredited college or university; two years of professional experience in a college or university registrar’s office or professional experience at a higher education institution. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience working with administrative student information and degree audit systems.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to identify innovative and creative solutions, attention to detail, handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and educational administrative software is mandatory.
- Ability to interact well with others, and project a professional and positive image at all times.
- Ability to coordinate task timelines and meet administrative and compliance deadlines.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Previous experience with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) compliance rules preferred.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use “Assistant Registrar,” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: August 17, 2021
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.