Position: Assistant Coach, Women’s Soccer
Reports To: Director of Athletics
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by assisting the Head Coach, Women’s Soccer in all phases of the NCAA Division III women’s soccer program within compliance of Marian University, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist coaching/teaching – 55%
- Assist in preparing practice, evaluation and implementation for the women’s soccer team.
- Assist in monitoring student athlete academic progress.
- Assist the head coach with all game day responsibilities.
- Serve as a role model for the student athletes by continuously exhibiting ethical and professional conduct.
- Assist in monitoring the conditioning and training of the student athletes
- Assist in instructing student-athletes on high expectations for academic achievement; monitors the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Assist in instructing student-athletes on high expectations for student-athlete social responsibility and works to develop well-rounded student-athletes.
- Assist in instructing student-athletes on a standard of proper student-athlete conduct, both in and out of the athletic arena and works with the Director of Athletics to sanction those who do not meet the set standard.
- Assist in instructing student-athletes on a standard of proper safety. Monitors condition of equipment and facilities, and reports items in need of repair/maintenance to Instructs student-athletes on a standard of proper student-athlete conduct.
- Administrative – 20%
- Assist in retaining current student athletes.
- Adhere to all department, university, Northern Athletics Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist in Athletic fundraising campaigns.
- Assist with all phases of Marian University soccer camps.
- Maintain confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors, or other employees.
- Provide support in other areas of the Athletic Department based on qualifications and experience.
- Recruitment – 20%
- Assist in developing and maintaining a system to identify prospective student-athletes and works closely with area club and high school coaches to recruit quality student athletes.
- Assist in scouting future opponents.
- Other Duties as Assisted-5%
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University community.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Three years previous collegiate coaching and recruiting experience required. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III philosophy, recruitment, rules and regulations.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
- Master’s Degree
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: June 25, 2021
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.