|Position Title: ||Assistant Coach, Men’s Hockey |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Athletics |
|Reports To: ||Director of Athletics/Head Coach, Men’s Hockey |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by assisting the Head Coach in all phases of our NCAA Division III Men’s Hockey program within compliance of Marian University, Northern Collegiate Hockey Association, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- With the assistance of the Director of Athletics, define and achieve annual enrollment goals of the men’s hockey program.
- In cooperation with the Head Coach, Men’s Hockey, develops and maintains a system to identify prospective student-athletes and to work closely with area high school/club and various junior league coaches to recruit quality student-athletes;
- Assist in practice and game preparation
- Assist the Head Coach with all game day responsibilities
- Maintain and build the roster levels to the heights that are discussed and set by the Director of Athletics and Head Men’s Hockey Coach
- Assist in retaining current student-athletes
- Adhere to all Department, University, Northern Collegiate Hockey Association, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Assist in monitoring student-athletes academic progress
- Assist with all phases of Marian Hockey Camps
- Assist in Athletic fundraising campaigns
- Assist in scouting future opponents
- Assist in continuing a quality relationship with the Blue Line Hockey Clubs; including the coaches, players, and all of its members
- Serves as a role model for the student athletes by exhibiting ethical and professional conduct at all time
- Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees;
- Additional significant duties will be assigned (based on qualifications and departmental need)
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. One year experience coaching at a collegiate level. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of NCAA Division III philosophy, recruitment, rules and regulations.
- Must have willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Candidate must demonstrate great organizational skills in addition to writing and typing skills, interpersonal skills, and superior leadership skills.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- There must be willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, email address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use “Head Coach, Women’s Soccer” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by July 29, 2022, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.