Assistant Coach, Men’s Basketball
POSITION: Assistant Coach, Men’s Basketball
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director/Head Coach, Men’s Basketball
POSITION SUMMARY: This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by assisting the head coach in all phases of our NCAA Division III men’s basketball program within compliance of Marian University, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- In cooperation with the head men’s basketball coach the assistant coach develops and maintains a system to identify prospective student-athletes and to work closely with area high school/club coaches to recruit quality student-athletes.
- Maintain and build the roster levels to the heights that are discussed and set by the director of athletics and head men’s basketball coach
- Assist in retaining current student-athletes
- Adhere to all Department, University, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Assist in monitoring student-athletes academic progress
- Assist the head coach with all game day responsibilities, practice preparation, evaluation and implementation
- Assist with all phases of Marian basketball camps and leagues, and fundraising campaigns
- Assist in scouting future opponents
- Serves as a role model for the student athletes by exhibiting ethical and professional conduct at all times
- Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Previous collegiate coaching and recruiting experience preferred
- Must demonstrate knowledge of NCAA Division III philosophy, recruitment, rules and regulations
- Must have the willingness to work nights and weekends
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Assistant Coach, Men’s Basketball’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.