AmeriCorps Program Manager
Position Title: AmeriCorps Program Manager
FTE: 0.5 (20 hours per week)
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports To: AmeriCorps Program Director
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, managing daily aspects of the Community-Engaged Learning Program and oversee the AmeriCorps members to ensure the smooth implementation and continued success of the programs.
- Assist with publicizing the program in the community on an ongoing basis
- Develop and expand partnerships with community organizations and agencies
- Assist with developing written policies and procedures for program operations
- Commit to completing training online and in person as required
- Manage AmeriCorps members (Lead member recruitment, promote member retention, maintain member files, monitor member reporting on OnCorps, etc.)
- Assist with developing annual evaluation plan congruent with the objectives outlined in the grant requirements.
- Assist with developing and monitoring systems for tracking outcomes and impacts of program activities.
- Monitor program activities, ensuring contract compliance
- Assist with reporting
- Perform other work duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalency and five (5) years of service-related experience
- Knowledge and/or experienced in community service
- Proficiency in computer software and systems, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and collaborative problem solving skills
- Ability to work with volunteers, staff, partners, and community at-large providing leadership, direction, and resource information as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with curriculum design
- Prior knowledge about the AmeriCorps program, policies, and procedures
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘AmeriCorps Program Manager’ in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: Amended 07/10/2020 – Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information, and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.