Distinguished Alumni Award Criteria
Marian University Distinguished Alumni Award
The Distinguished Alumni Award bestows recognition of and appreciation for outstanding accomplishments to deserving Alumni of Marian University. The recipient has attained distinction in professional achievements, has made significant contributions to society, and has demonstrated and upheld the Core Values of Marian University. The recipient exhibits integrity, leadership, enthusiasm, and professionalism. The award is a reflection of Marian University and provides inspiration and encouragement for our current students.
The purpose of the Award is to honor alumni whose extraordinary contributions are reflective of the exemplary qualities of the person and their field of study/degree earned while at Marian University.
Distinguished Alumni Awards will be presented on an annual basis at the Alumni Awards Banquet for any of the applicable undergraduate, adult and/or graduate programs:
- College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters
- College of the Professions
- Nominees must be alumni of Marian University.
- A person who is not selected may be nominated again in subsequent years.
The persons receiving the Marian University Distinguished Alumni Awards will have demonstrated all or some of the following primary criteria:
- Outstanding achievements in his/her chosen profession or other area of endeavor.
- Demonstrated and upheld the Core Values and mission embraced by Marian University.
- Contributed to Marian University or made significant humanitarian contributions to the community at large.
- Any interested persons may nominate alumni for the Distinguished Alumni Award.
- Complete online application and submit following materials:
- Letter of Recommendation describing for the selection committee how the nominee meets the specified criteria
- Resume and/or CV of the nominee
- The Alumni Award Subcommittee comprised of Marian University Alumni will review all nominees and determine selection of award recipients