Alumni Spirit of Marian Award Criteria
The Marian University Spirit Award recognizes the voluntary efforts of an individual, alumnus, or community member in various arenas that contributes to the advancement or improvement of Marian, thereby reflecting favorably on the University. The award granted by Marian University is given to an individual, alumnus, or community member who combines superior professional distinction and/or exemplary volunteer spirit to Marian with an outstanding record of service. The Marian University Spirit Award will be presented annually at our Alumni Awards Banquet.
- Nominees do not need to be alumni of Marian University.
- A person who is not selected may be nominated again in subsequent years.
Includes but is not limited to:
- Represents and/or speaks highly of Marian University at community events
- Speaks to area high schools and colleges about the value of Marian University
- Recommends and/or recruits prospective students to Marian University
- Exemplifies the Marian culture by exhibiting the Marian core values
- Contributes time and/or financial support to the University; provides significant sponsorship of school events
- Any interested persons may nominate a candidate for the Marian University Spirit Award
- Complete online application and submit following materials:
- Letter of Recommendation describing for the selection committee how the nominee meets the specified criteria
- Resume and/or CV of the nominee
- The Alumni Award Subcommittee comprised of Marian University Alumni will review all nominees and determine selection of award recipients