Alumni Service Award Criteria
The Marian University Alumni Service Award is given in recognition of loyal service rendered voluntarily to the University. This service may be provided directly, through an affiliated group, or through a particular school within the University that betters the Marian community and advances the University’s objectives and ideals. The Alumni Service Award will be presented annually at our Alumni Awards Banquet.
- Nominees must be alumni of Marian University.
- A person who is not selected may be nominated again in subsequent years.
Service would include but is not limited to the following:
- Volunteering to present or assist in the classroom
- Providing support at events such as Homecoming, Athletic or Alumni Golf Outings, Leadership Forums and other University related programs/events
- Mentoring students, formally or informally
- Conducting mock interviews, providing job shadowing experiences, sitting on professional panels, etc.
- Serving on committees and boards within the University
- Any interested persons may nominate alumni for the Alumni Service Award
- Complete online application and submit following materials:
- Letter of Recommendation describing for the selection committee how the nominee meets the specified criteria
- Resume and/or CV of the nominee
- The Alumni Award Subcommittee comprised of Marian University Alumni will review all nominees and determine selection of award recipients