POSITION TITLE: Admission Liaison
DEPARTMENT: Financial Aid
REPORTS TO: Director of Financial Aid
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, providing support to both the Financial Aid Office and the Office of Admission by processing financial aid and meeting with prospective and current students and parents to educate them on the financial aid processes in an effort to recruit and retain qualified students.
- Counsels and builds relationship with prospective and current students and families by assisting with the financial aid application procedure and need analysis through multiple modalities (text, phone, in-person, email, and mail).
- Maintains a working knowledge of financial need analysis and award systems; awards financial aid to new and continuing students.
- Responsible for maintaining/tracking records for new and continuing students in appropriate software programs.
- Maintains confidentiality and security in regard to all information and records.
- Communicates effectively with Enrollment Services team members to facilitate department needs (participate in staff meetings and training for all offices).
- Represents both the financial aid and admission office at internal and external events.
- Provides in-person or web-based customer service to students/families on the availability of aid and process for determining awards available to the student.
- Participates in the digital and in-person financial literacy outreach events in conjunction with the office of Business and Finance.
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University community.
- Travels to high schools and college fairs as needed, serving as a representative of Marian University.
- Primary representative for the Office of Financial Aid at off campus events such as; trainings, financial aid nights, scholarships nights, and award programs.
- Primary Coordinator and Presenter for the Fond du Lac Financial Aid Night, the Fond du Lac 8th grade Programming, and College Goal Wisconsin events.
- Maintains contact with prospective students and families through mail, telephone, andcampus visits.
- Works with the Office of Admission as a liaison between the two offices by providing communication regarding updates, awards, and events in the role of student advocate.
- Increase percentage of FAFSA filers with current, on-campus and on-line learners, as well as incoming students
- Work to continuously improve data-sharing between the Office of Business and Finance and Office of Financial Aid to best serve the needs of the student population
- Represent the office of Financial Aid on-campus events such as individual registrations, campus tours, open houses, New Student Registrations, and payment solutions presentations.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in a college admission and/or financial aid work environment.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ethical comportment and high regard for confidentiality.
- Willingly support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Master’s degree.
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking.
- Prior Power Campus and Power FAIDS experience
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Admission Liaison’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.