|Position Title: ||Administrative Assistant |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Facilities & Food Service |
|Reports To: ||Facilities Operations Manager & Manager of Food Service |
|FLSA: ||Non-Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, providing administrative support to the departments of Facilities and Food Service.
Administrative Assistant Facilities – 50%
- Support Operations Manager with financial reporting for Facility Services including contracts and billing for capital projects. Make sure all invoices are billed correctly and coded to the proper accounts.
- Manage the work order system including data entry of work orders, requesting additional information for requests and replying to questions, and running reports for staff.
- Coordinate the pick-up of all hazardous and medical waste.
- Assist with student employment process, such as processing paperwork, approving time, and monitoring their work at the front desk and with the work order system.
- Provide friendly, professional customer service for Campus and Facility Services front desk. Review department inbox and manage phones.
- Organize and schedule department meetings.
- Order office supplies.
Administrative Assistant Food Service – 50%
- Retrieve messages from the main office voicemail and disseminate the messages accordingly.
- Assists in ordering and tracking inventory
- Process invoices
- Assist all managers of Food Service with scheduling and coordination of campus events and or appointments
- Receives, opens, and distributes incoming mail to appropriate staff.
- Maintain department files; electronic and paper.
- Maintain profiles for various vendors, ensure all supplies are stocked
- Verify Hours worked and attendance for hourly staff on an as needed basis
- Assist with the student employment process, such as processing paperwork, and verifying and approving time.
Other Responsibilities – 5%
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Associates degree or 1-3 years of prior clerical or administrative assistant experience
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organization and time management skills
- Strategic planning (ability to prioritize tasks, planning events and processes)
- Resourcefulness and anticipates needs
- Adept in technology (Microsoft office, ability to learn room reservation and other technology systems
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by October 6, 2021, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.