POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Student Life
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Student Life & Diversity, and Dean of Students
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, providing administrative support to the Vice President for Diversity, Inclusion and Student Life/Dean of Students and performing a wide variety of duties in support of the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Student Life.
Administrative Support – 50%
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Student Life & Diversity, and Dean of Students that requires independent judgment as well as confidentiality. Also provide limited administrative support to the Directors of other Student Life offices.
- Compose a wide variety of documents in both written and electronic formats (e.g. reports, letters, policies, presentations etc.) using Microsoft Office.
- Submit invoices, prepare disbursement requests, petty cash requests, and purchase orders. Maintains all files and records regarding the activities, budgets, and inventory.
- Provide support to One Stop employees for questions on IDs, parking permits, phone inquiries, troubleshooting ID printing process, and other student related student services inquiries.
- Work collaboratively with Sodexo Food Service to administer meal plans and points to students, faculty, and staff. Troubleshoot card issues.
- Record and distribute meeting minutes/notes for department, committee, and extended cabinet meetings.
Coordination and Scheduling – 45%
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments.
- Manage the parking permit and parking citation program for the university including online and over the counter permit purchases, temporary permits, system updates, and ticket appeals.
- Manage the vehicle reservation program for the campus to include booking reservations, communicating policies and procedures for campus vehicle driver eligibility, travel documentation, to also include the billing amounts to departments or individuals using the vehicles.
- Coordinate the intra-departmental activities between the Vice President for Student Life & Diversity, and Dean of Students, Residence Life, Counseling Services, Health Services, Student Involvement, and Community Standards.
- Coordinate the card access system with the Office of Information Technology Systems for door access for students, faculty, and staff. This includes troubleshooting and editing cards and access as necessary.
- Point of contact for returning student check-in at the beginning of the fall semester.
- Manage Hornung Student Center room reservations.
- Provide timely communications between the Office of Student Life and the University.
- Maintain a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University Community.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned – 5%
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Associate’s Degree in a related field and three years of secretarial or office management experience that require privacy or confidentiality compliance. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of modern office practice and procedure and office equipment and machines.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to record meeting minutes and transcribe what has been recorded.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ethical comportment and high regard for confidentiality
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and prior work experience in office management
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Administrative Assistant – Student Life’ in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2021
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.