Position Title: Accounting Assistant
Department: Office of Business and Finance
Reports To: Controller
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by providing assistance with recording, tracking and maintaining accounting data for the Office of Business and Finance and Marian University.
- Accounting Administrative Support – 40%
- Assists with the preparation of various account reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly journal entries for payroll-related items.
- Prepares monthly non-student billing invoices.
- Assists with preparation of information required to submit accounts receivable information to collection agencies.
- Assists with preparation of entries required to post daily accounts receivable entries.
- Advancement Administrative Support – 55%
- Assists with preparing donor gifts for recording.
- Reconciles monthly payroll donations.
- Assists in the preparation of donor acknowledgement and tax correspondence.
- Prepares and maintains monthly donor reporting for the University.
- Assists in the reconciliation of monthly donor information for reporting purposes.
- Performs other work-related duties as necessary or as assigned. – 5%
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Three years prior bookkeeping experience. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Must be accurate with numbers and data.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain ethical comportment and high regard for confidentiality.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘Accounting Assistant’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.