Academic Technology Support Specialist
Position Title: Academic Technology Support Specialist
Department Information Technology
Reports To: Associate Vice President for Academic Administration
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, working with faculty, staff, and students to support the variety of academic technology and instructional design services that support Marian University’s mission and strategic priorities.
- Facilitates optimal teaching and learning experiences with instructional technologies.
- Configures, maintains and administers Marian’s Learning Management System.
- Develops and offers LMS, Office 365 and other system and software-related trainings to faculty and staff.
- Troubleshoots and resolves user issues with online platforms and softwares.
- Acts as backup for User Services Manager.
- Consults, advises and instructs members of Marian community in the use of software tools and technologies.
- Collaborates on the design and creation of digital content that aligns with curricular goals.
- Continually acquires skills and expertise in current, new and emerging academic technology.
- Performs other work-related duties as necessary or as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Expertise in Office 365 and Moodle.
- The ability to plan, implement, test and troubleshoot with PC or MAC hardware and software
- Must demonstrate great organization and presentation skills in addition to writing and typing skills, interpersonal skills, and superior leadership
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Academic Technology Support Specialist’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.