Experience Nicaragua on a two-week faculty-led Medical Mission. Marian students and faculty will travel to Nicaragua to experience life on the island of Ometepe in Lake Nicaragua. This unique program mixes medical clinical days with cultural immersion excursions in Managua, Granada and Ometepe. Students will combine classes, volcanic crater hikes, zip-lining, artisan markets, and beach time, with medical work in rural clinics. Approximately 1,500 patients will be seen over the course of eight days.
- Program now open to all students and majors!
- Students must register for the 1-credit spring semester NRS 301 – Humanitarian Mission course
- Summer: May – June (Approximately two weeks at the beginning of summer)
- $2,600 all-inclusive
- Pre-arrival orientation
- Transportation to O’Hare Airport
- Round-trip airfare
- Housing in local hotel & La Finca Esperanza
- All meals
- Tours and excursions
- Medical insurance
- Nicaraguan doctors, nurses, guides, & translators salaries
Not included: souvenirs, tips, etc.
- Dr. Chang Endowed Medical Mission Scholarship
(exclusively for Nursing/Spanish double major/minors)
- Student fundraising recommended
Deadline for application:
Deadline for payment:
December 15: $500
February 1: $2,100 due
Study Abroad Office