Inspired by endless possibilities, the EXCEL Program provides students entering their first year of college with support and encouragement in their transition to the college experience. The purpose of the EXCEL Program is to set clear expectations for academic performance, offer smaller classes taught by EXCEL-prepared instructors to provide opportunities for greater individualized learning and promote the utilization of important campus resources and services so that students may gain the skills and strategies they will need to achieve both academic and personal success.
Requirements of the EXCEL Program include:
- Achieve a minimum of 24 credits within the first two semesters.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 within the first two semesters.
- Attend the EXCEL Summer Bridge Program.
- Register for a maximum of five courses each semester.
- Meet for regular bi-weekly meetings with an academic advisor.
- Participate in academic services, by meeting with instructors, tutors, learning specialists, and study groups
For more information, contact the Center for Academic Support and Excellence Office at 800.2MARIAN ext. 8097 today!
Learn About the Excel Program
Meet the first-year advising team for Excel majors at Marian. Each advisor works with students in different majors, matching their skills and expertise with those areas. The goal of the Excel program is to help each student find success in their college career. Excel is a one-year program that provides guidance through meetings that review your courses, progress, academic study skills, and refer you to academic support services. Students will be able to attend workshops that will complement their experience at Marian. Excel students will participate in the Summer Bridge program prior to attending classes in the fall.