The Marian University Institute of Professional Development
Where great learners transform into great leaders
Today’s workplaces are evolving, and so are the needs of those looking to drive them.
The Marian University Institute of Professional Development helps organizations and aspiring leaders learn the skills needed to positively impact their field and create rewarding careers.
Guided by our Catholic Agnesian values and focus on Ethics, Leadership and Innovation, we provide a distinct educational opportunity by leveraging on-site workshops and customizable programs to individually serve organizations seeking professional development.
- The Discovery Process – Where our facilitators work with senior-level leadership to gauge organizational strengths and challenges before setting goals and desired outcomes.
- A Format For You – Online and face-to-face courses, as well as webinars and in-services, are also available.
- On Your Own Time – Whether you need an hour, a half day, or even a full day or two, we’ll work to meet your needs at the location that’s best for you.
- Tailored Training and Topics – The program sessions created are based on the needs of the organization.
Other Topical Areas Include
Diversity and Inclusion
- Diversity and Inclusion as a Competitive Advantage
- Fostering Inclusive Climates
- Understanding Biases
Business and Management
- Fundamentals of Business
- Service Management
- Ethical Decision-Making
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Effective Marketing
- Using Employee Strengths to Enhance Organizational Goals
- Effective Leadership Skills
- Board Development
- Grammar Refresher Course
- Improving Writing to Meet Organizational Needs
- Writing for Digital Media
- Using Technology in the Classroom
- Evaluation of Curriculum and Assessment
- Learning Outcome Mapping
- Working with At Risk Students
- Inclusive Classrooms
- Other Topics
- Grant Writing
- Food Safety
- Community Service Officer Training
- Developing Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
Marian University holds a variety of accreditations, approvals, and memberships. For a full list, click here.
Specific educational and training needs are our specialty, so we’d be happy to answer any questions you have about establishing a new program.
Office of Institutional Partnerships and Community Relations