Marian University is a Catholic applied liberal arts community that welcomes diverse spiritual traditions. Sponsored by the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes, Marian University engages students in the education of the whole person. We embrace justice and compassion and transform lives for professional service and leadership in the global community.
Marian University invites applications for the full-time position of Instructional Designer. This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by providing support for technology-enhanced teaching and learning activities delivered via face-to-face, blended, ITV, and online environments.
The Essential functions of the individual:
- Collaborate with faculty to design and implement new technology-enhanced courses/programs and adapt existing courses/programs for delivery via online, ITV, hybrid and other emerging distance learning delivery methods.
- Determine and implement the appropriate instructional design methodology that will provide an active student-centered learning environment.
- Develop and disseminate course design standards to ensure all new or updated course masters comply with all existing design standards.
- Develop and/or maintain online web-based resources such as tutorials, reference material, design standards, content resources, templates and tools for instructional development.
- Remains abreast of technology directions, initiatives and trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance and recommendations.
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University community.
The candidate for this position will have a master’s degree in Instructional Design; or a Master’s degree in a closely related field and two years’ experience in instructional design in an online environment. Knowledge of instructional technologies associates with technology-enhanced instruction including in-depth knowledge of at least one Learning Management System (LMS). Knowledge of appropriate pedagogies for web assisted, blended, and fully online courses including synchronous and asynchronous delivery methods. Must be familiar with instructional technologies commonly used on online courses such as wikis, blogs, streaming, audio and video, and podcasts. Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to MUApplicants@marianuniversity.edu. Please use ‘Instructional Designer’ in the subject line of the email.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.