Clinical Placement Coordinator
Position Title: Clinical Placement Coordinator
Reports to: Associate Dean, Department of Nursing
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by identifying, recruiting, maintaining, and evaluating appropriate practice sites and preceptors. In compliance with Marian University and the Nursing Department, maintain clinical contracts and affiliation agreements, student and faculty health and safety records, and external practice partners in an effective and efficient manner. The Coordinator acts as a liaison between the Nursing and practice partners, demonstrating excellent communication and problem-solving skills in order to maintain positive working relationships.
- Communicate via email, phone and/or in person with clinical placement coordinators in a variety of nursing and educational settings to develop clinical placements.
- Coordinate with faculty to determine the numbers of student placements needed at each semester, level, and type of experience needed.
- Organize and maintain graduate student preceptor requests, confirmations and communications between the department and preceptor and/or clinical site (welcome letters, thank you letters, ect.)
- Update and maintain student, preceptor, and clinical site information with Chalk and Wire and Typhon.
- Identify and maintain records of facility requirements, updating them as required when the facility changes their expectations
- Confirm placements with faculty and/or clinical coordinator and placement coordinators/preceptors at practice site by timely follow up communication.
- Communicate confirmed or changed clinical placement agreements with faculty and/or clinical coordinators and students for all nursing and education.
- Attends meetings for specific to placement organization (department, healthcare alliances, school systems, etc.)
- Ensure all contracts and affiliation agreements are current.
- Develop new contracts and affiliation agreements are current.
- Collaborate with faculty to ensure processes are effective and efficient.
- Maintain accurate records regarding clinical placements.
Health and safety record management responsibilities:
- Ensure that the required student and faculty health and safety records are collected, organized and maintained in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure that all requirements are met for each clinical placement location, such as orientation, health and safety, and electronic health record training.
- Communicate with all students and faculty on an ongoing basis to ensure that each student is up to date and that student receives warning when requirements are not met; including immunizations, CPR, liability insurance, health insurance and any other required information.
- Send health records and all other placement requirements of each student to placement coordinator at clinical placement facility on time and as required by the facility/agency.
- Attend student orientation and present overview of health and safety requirements.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of basic medical or education terminology preferred
- Knowledge of hospital, clinic and community health systems
- Excellent computer-based organizational skills
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiple institutions
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed reports and records
- Excellent public relations skills using proper electronic and interpersonal etiquette
- Ability to keep updated records and attend to details despite much change
- Ability to create and improve systems for organization of many variables
- Ability to take the initiate to solve or improve problems and situations proactively without needing supervision
- Ability to manage time to accomplish tasks efficiently and effectively
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
For consideration, please submit a letter of application, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Clinical Placement Coordinator’ in the subject line of email.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.