The Application Process
The UBMS program is funded to serve 60 participants from Fond du Lac and Horace Mann High Schools every academic year. Applications are accepted in fall and spring each year, and new applicants are admitted to the program until all spots are filled.
Eligible students who are interested in joining UBMS must discuss their participation with their parents and/or legal guardians. Parents should, then, encourage them to fill out application forms, help them gather supporting documents (indicated in the application forms), and submit three recommendation forms. One of these recommendations must be from a guidance counselor, and the remaining must be by two previous or current teachers (at least one of them must teach science or math).
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at 920-923-8959, or text message at 920-266-9397.
To complete the application process please refer to the following documents:
- UBMS Application Checklist
- UBMS Application Form
- General Teacher Recommendation Form
- Guidance Counselor Recommendation Form
- Math or Science Teacher Recommendation Form
If you'd like to apply, please contact the UBMS administrative staff to determine if spaces are still available. Applications must then be submitted to a school representative.
If you need additional assistance in filling out the application forms, please contact UBMS administrative staff at your earliest convenience.
Application Review and Selection
- Once parents/guardians complete all the application steps with their child and submit all required documentation, an email will be sent to them for updates on every decision made in the selection process.
- All submitted forms and supporting documents are then reviewed by the UBMS Team. If it is determined that your child is eligible for the UBMS program, a notification will be sent to you and to the high school representative.
- Both the selected student and at least one parent/guardian must attend a mandatory Orientation Meeting with UBMS administrative staff.
- All information submitted during the application process is kept strictly confidential. The UBMS staff will not share an applicant's personal information with anyone.
- Once an application and required documents are received, they are securely filed and can only be accessed by the UBMS program staff.
- In the case that an applicant is not selected to participate in the program, all information will be kept on file and will continue to be securely stored and protected.