Designed for individuals to assume or enhance their leadership roles in organizations, the Master of Science degree in Organizational and Leadership Quality is strategically-oriented, customer-focused, learner- centered, cohort-based, and founded on a generalist manager-leader orientation. The program's fundamental approaches for developing these leadership skills include organizational learning, strategy, systems, integration, ethical and social responsibility, teamwork, and the quality philosophy.
The accelerated program consists of twelve courses of three credits each. It may be completed in approximately two years. Classes meet for four hours, one night each week, for seven weeks. The courses are project-based and, with an emphasis on team and peer learning, integrate the functional disciplines of business with the development of implementation and process skills.
Marian University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Olathe, Kansas. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Bachelor's Degrees. Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with majors in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Care Administration, Human Resources, Management, Marketing, Sport and Recreation Management; Bachelor of Science with a major in Information Technology; Bachelor of Business Administration with majors in General Management, Health Care Administration, Human Resource Management, Marketing, and Operations Management.
- Master Degree. Master of Science in Leadership with concentration in Organizational Leadership and Quality.
International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
11374 Strang Line Road
Lenexa, Kansas 66215 USA
36 credits required for graduation
•18 credits in Core Leadership Curriculum
•18 credits in specific concentration area of applied leadership.
To receive the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership and Quality, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of coursework with at least a 3.00 grade point average on a 4.00 scale.
- Submission and approval of the final research project.
- Grades below "C" (2.00) are not counted toward meeting degree requirements.
36 credits as follows:
18 credits: Core Leadership Curriculum
LDR 605 Leadership Foundations, 3 cr.
LDR 607 Ethical Leadership, 3 cr.
LDR 625 Organizations and Systems, 3 cr.
LDR 635 Intercultural Communication and Leadership, 3 cr.
LDR 645 Quantitative Methods, 3 cr.
LDR 647 Research Foundations, 3 cr.
18 credits: Organizational Leadership and Quality Curriculum
OLQ 617 Building a High-Performance Organization, 3 cr.
OLQ 635 Globalization and the International Perspective, 3 cr.
OLQ 655 Managerial Finance and Budgeting, 3 cr.
OLQ 675 Human Resources Strategies, 3 cr.
OLQ 695 Operations Management, 3 cr.
OLQ 701 Consulting Team Project, 3 cr.