Educated to care. Inspired for life.
SUMMER NURSE CAMP June 13-16, 2016 - THE CAMP IS FULL AND NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS as of 3/14/16.
Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Limited to 20 incoming junior and senior high school student participants
The week-long camp is offered exclusively to high school students entering their junior or senior year. Participants are given a variety of hands-on opportunities to explore the nursing profession and take their first step toward a career in the health care profession.
Become inspired by professionals in health sciences.
- Shadow a nurse in a variety of hospital settings: Maternity/Nursery, Medical and Surgical Units.
- Receive training in Confidentiality, IV therapy, sterile techniques, vital signs and infection control and much more.
- Tour various units, such as Cardiac Rehab, Dialysis, Emergency Department, ICU and Medical Imaging.
- CPR & First Aid Instruction
- Take home scrub top and other great gifts.
A $25 nonrefundable reservation fee will be required upon acceptance to the summer camp.
Lunch will be provided each day.
The student needs to be dressed in casual, professional attire. No sandals or shorts. Comfortable shoes are recommended. A scrub top will be provided for the experiences when campers are in the hospital.
There are health requirements for the shadow experience in the hospital. Further information regarding this will be provided if accepted to the camp.
The camp reserves the right to modify the schedule of events, remove certain activities and substitute others, without prior notice due to circumstances beyond its control.
The annual camp is in memory of Dr. Ruth Willmington and sponsored by Marian University and Agnesian Healthcare
THE CAMP IS FULL AND NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS as of 3/14/16
Nurse Camp Applications will be posted and available March 1. Applications will be accepted until camp is full. The camp is a first come-first served basis.
Complete the following application and reference forms.
- Nurse Camp Introduction Letter
- Nurse Camp Application
- Nurse Camp Reference Form
For more information, contact Nancy Noble, School of Nursing and Health Professions, firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 923-8771.