Inspired by a stimulating curriculum and interesting activities, the heart of Marian University Honors Program is its exciting selection of classes. Recently graduated Honors Scholars have remarked that the opportunity to take innovative and unique courses from highly engaged faculty is the primary reasons to be part of Marian's Honors Program. In this way, students can enrich their education and complete the Honors Program with no additional course credits and no extra expenses.
Most students who qualify for the Honors Program have been awarded the prestigious Academic Acheivement Award or the Sr. Mary Mollison Award.
Requirements of the program:
- Honors students must complete eighteen credits in honors courses throughout their undergraduate experience. Interdisciplinary courses and special topics Honors Program courses can be substituted for required classes - enabling you to graduate on time with your desired major and as an Honors Scholar.
- Honors students complete a substantial senior capstone project within their major program of study in cooperation with a faculty member.
- Every semester the Honors Program sponsors co-curricular activities. Out-of-town trips, lectures, and performances are designed to deepen and broaden students' overall educational experiences at Marian University and, of course, to have fun. All expenses paid.
- Honors students receive one on one advising and mentoring by the program co-directors, Dr. Matt Szromba, Associate Professor of History and Christina Kubasta, Assistant Professor of English, Department Chair of Culture, Media and Gender Studies.
- Receive a brand new iPad to keep for as long as you are in the program.