Schedule of Events
MARIAN UNIVERSITY GRADUATION CEREMONY -
INCLEMENT WEATHER PLAN IN PLACE. SEE DETAILS BELOW.
Overflow Viewing Areas
Administration Building Room 100
Administration Building Room 200
Sadoff Science Building Room 100
Hornung Student Center
Saturday, May 17, 2014
Indoor Commencement Day Activities Details
9 a.m. Liturgy held in Dorcas Chapel
11 a.m. Graduation Ceremony for the Schools of Arts & Science and Business and Public Safety held in the Howard Sadoff Gymnasium
Students must be in robing room no later than 10:15 a.m. Schools of Arts & Sciences will robe in the Stayer dining room; Business & Public Safety will robe in Rooms 116, 118, 122 and 124. Please check signs on doors for your room.
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Graduation Reception will be held in the Hornung Student Center. All graduates and guests are welcome to attend.
1:30 p.m. Graduation Ceremony for the Schools of Education and Nursing & Health Professions held in the Howard Sadoff Gymnasium
Students must be in robing room no later than 12:45 p.m. School of Nursing & Health Professions will robe in the Stayer dining room. School of Education will robe in Rooms 116, 118 and 119. Please check signs on doors for your room.
School of Education Commissioning Ceremony
Friday, May 16
Dorcas Chapel – Marian University Campus
The School of Education commission ceremony is a “rite to passage” into the teaching profession for graduating education students. Each student will receive a specially designed pin that symbolizes the educator’s responsibility to promote and respect life and to always search for truth in promoting learning.
School of Nursing and Health Professions Pinning Ceremony
Friday, May 16
Sadoff Gymnasium – Marian University Campus
The School of Nursing pinning ceremony is a special event for graduates of the BSN and MSN degree programs. As we celebrate their commitment to compassionate care in the tradition of Marian nursing graduates. BSN pins and MSN graduates will pins and MSN academic hoods.
President’s Champagne Reception
Friday, May 16
Hornung Student Center – Marian University Campus
Graduates and guests are invited to a reception following the ceremony.
Cap and Gown Information
Students may order the appropriate academic apparel from either the Marian University Bookstore or through the Herff Jones website between February 20 through midnight on Tuesday, March 18.
- The deadline for ordering from the bookstore is Tuesday, April 1, 2014. If you miss this deadline, contact the Marian University Bookstore at (920) 923-7166 as soon as possible to place your order (a late fee will be applied).
- All candidates are required to purchase the Herff Jones keepsake gowns for Commencement. Candidates who arrive at the ceremony with inappropriate or non-matching regalia will not be allowed to participate.
- Caps and gowns may be picked up at the Countdown to Commencement: Celebration and Graduation Fair on April 22 from 2-6 p.m., held in the Stayer Center Sodexo Dining Room, or any time after that date in the Marian University Bookstore. Please check back soon for further information.
- If you prefer to have the package shipped directly to you, please indicate so on the form, or contact the Marian University Bookstore to make arrangements.
- Your academic regalia is yours to keep.