Federal Regulations require that institutions provide specific consumer information about the school and about financial aid to enrolled and prospective students. The following list includes available Web sites and/or locations for the information required to be disclosed.

Consumer Information

Learn more about Consumer Information on College Navigator.

The application process

Applying for Financial Aid. The U.S. Department of Education website, Federal Student Aid details further the federal programs available.

Eligibility criteria

You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen and complete the FAFSA.

Student must be making satisfactory academic progress according to the institution’s policy. Student must be accepted in a degree-seeking program and enrolled at least half-time:

  • Undergraduate — 6 or more credits (summer — 6 or more)
  • Graduate — 3 or more credits (summer — 3 or more)

Male students between the ages of 18–25 must register with Selective Service. To register, go to http://www.sss.gov/regist.htm.

Not be in default on prior student loans.

Disbursement procedures

Aid cannot be applied to your tuition until you are enrolled at least half-time (6 credits undergraduate/3 credits graduate) and all requested documentation has been completed.

Your aid will be credited directly to your account at the Office of Business and Finance.   If your financial aid does not cover your charges, you are expected to pay the difference or select a payment plan. If your financial aid including loans exceeds your charges you may be eligible for a refund check. Refund checks will be issued by the Office of Business and Finance.  Academic year loans are disbursed in two equal payments.  A disbursement is released in the fall and another in the spring.  If you are enrolled for only one semester, your loan will be disbursed in one payment.

If a student or parent wishes to modify a loan, the Office of Financial Aid requires a dated and signed note (not electronic) indicating the academic year the loan if for (i.e. 2015-16), the revised loan amount and the student name that this change is applicable for.  This must be submitted prior to any change being made to the loan.

Students’ rights and responsibilities

Financial Aid Award Guide

Federal Student Aid Penalties for Drug Convictions

Federal Student Aid Penalties for Drug Convictions

Terms and conditions of Federal Work Study

The Federal Department of Education website explains the details of Federal Work Study program.

Current openings for student employment may be found on the Financial Aid website under student employment.

Terms and conditions of loans

Terms of any loans received, sample loan repayment schedules, the necessity for repaying loans, exit counseling information, and conditions for loan deferments can be found on the websites of your loan servicer.  You  may access the servicer information by going to NSLDS.gov.

Policy for the return of Title IV Federal Financial Aid Funds for students who officially withdraw from classes

Withdrawals and Return of Federal Funds

Criteria for meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress

Satisfactory Adademic Progress EFFECTIVE 7/1/11

The availability of Federal Financial Aid for Study Abroad

Information on the availability of financial aid can be found on the Study Abroad website. Please contact the Office of  Financial Aid for more information regarding this program, 920.923.7614.

National Student Loan Database System

Visit the National Student Loan Data System website for more information.

General information

Withdrawal and Refund policy

Withdrawal from the University

Students withdrawing from the University must file a Withdraw from the University Request form with the Registrar and follow specified withdrawal procedures. The official date of University withdrawal for purposes of determining refund and academic action is the day upon which the properly completed Withdraw from the University Request form is received in the Office of the Registrar. Tuition will be refunded according to the University Refund Policy. If withdrawal is not completed prior to the last week of the semester, grades will be recorded. International students on an F-1 visa must meet with the International Student Advisor prior to withdrawing.

Military call to active duty

If called to active duty, a student should present an original copy of his or her service orders to the Office of the Registrar. At that time, the student should inform the Registrar in writing one of the following two options he or she chooses:
1. The student may elect to withdraw from Marian University and receive a 100% refund for tuition; or
2. The student may choose to remain enrolled and receive the grade(s) and credit for the course(s) if more than half of the semester has elapsed at the time the student is called to active duty. In such a case, no refund is provided.

Students who are called to active duty should contact the Office of the Registrar immediately to ensure that a timely course withdrawal or modification of one’s course schedule is effectuated. Please consult the Office of the Registrar for the complete policy.

Administrative withdrawal

Marian University reserves the right to withdraw any student from classes at any time during the semester or term for reasons such as (but not limited to):
• Nonattendance (see “Validation of Enrollment/Non-Attendance Policy” for further details)
• Lack of required course prerequisites
• Credit limit due to academic probation
• Academic dishonesty

Tuition refunds will not be granted when students are withdrawn by the institution.

Withdraw from the University Request form can be found on MyMarian. 

Please contact the Office of Business and Finance for more information regarding this policy.

Code of Conduct 

Code of Conduct

Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Visit the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act link for more information.

Completion/Graduation rate and transfer-out rate

Contact Marian University Office of the Registrar for more information.

Campus crime information

The Jeanne Cleary Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act requires all colleges and universities to disclose certain timely and annual information about campus crime and security policies. A copy of this report can be obtained by contacting the Student Life office at dose@marianuniversity.edu or 1.800.2MARIAN ext. 7666.

Athletic information

Intercollegiate Athletic Participation Rates and Financial Aid

Contact Marian University Athletic Department for more information on the Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data, kredig@marianuniversity.edu 1.800.2MARIAN ext. 8156.


Fun Fact

77% of students self-report that Marian’s academic advisors are helpful and knowledgeable about major requirements (Source: Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Survey, April 2014).

Campus Info

Marian University
45 S. National Ave.
Fond du Lac, WI 54935-4699


All Locations