FOND DU LAC, Wis.- The ninth annual Mission & Values Celebration held by the ministries of the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes - including Marian College and Agnesian HealthCare - is scheduled for Feb. 3-9.
The week will begin with a Catholic Liturgy in Marian's Dorcas Chapel Sunday, Feb. 3 at 6 p.m. The week's schedule includes:
- Monday, Feb. 4: A prayer service will be held in the Waupun Memorial Hospital Chapel at 2:30 p.m. A Mission & Values Celebration Liturgy is scheduled at the St. Francis Home Chapel at 3 p.m. Waupun Memorial Hospital will be offering activities as part of its employee appreciation day.
- Tuesday, Feb. 5: Marian College celebrates a faculty/staff appreciation day. Lunch with CSA will be held in the St. Agnes Hospital Creekside Café and Nazareth Court at 11:30 a.m. A Sandwiches with Substance presentation by Barb Knutzen will be held in the Common Grounds Coffee House at noon.
- Wednesday, Feb. 6: A Bake/Book Sale and silent auction will be held in the Agnesian HealthCare lobby concourse, 430 E. Division St., from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.. The annual CSA Appreciation Day prayer service and light dinner will be held in Marian's Stayer Center at 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 7: Consultants Laboratory will have an employee and retiree lunch at 11:30 a.m. Marian will hold a coffee/conversation/book signing with Srs. Doris Klein and Margaret Lorimer, both of the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes, in Common Grounds Coffee House at noon. Sr.Margaret is the author of Ordinary Sisters, a history of CSA from 1858 to 1990. St. Francis Home is holding a social gathering for CSA sisters and residents at 3 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 8: A closing ceremony and blessing, and collection gathering for the Solutions Center and Arc of Fond du Lac, will be held in the Agnesian HealthCare main lobby concourse at noon. Waupun Memorial Hospital employees will enjoy an employee tea at 2:30 p.m. St.Francis Home will provide a staff appreciation salad bar. Marian will announce the winners of departmental displays, treasure hunt and student pillar contests.
- Saturday, Feb. 9:Members of the Boys and Girls Club will be the guests at Marian's basketball doubleheader against Aurora beginning at 2 p.m.
Agnesian HealthCare is collecting items for the Solutions Center and Arc of Fond du Lac. Requested items include canned food or bottled juice; paper products; cleaning products; personal items such as body wash, deodorant, diapers; over-the-counter medications; clothing; sheet sets; towels and washcloths; can openers; pots and pans; dishes; silverware and drinking glasses;gift cards and gift certificates; used cell phones; child care needs such as glider rockers and infant bouncer chairs; artwork;fishing poles and fishing reels; ice packs and first aid supplies;craft kits for fun and teaching; and more.
CSA's Mission& Values Celebration is designed around the feast day of St. Agnes, which honors the day, Jan. 21, when St. Agnes became a martyr at age 12. On her feast day, two lambs are blessed at her church in Rome, and their wool is woven into the bands of white wool that the Pope presents to archbishops. The ninth annual Mission & Values Celebration is a special time for employees,students, volunteers and trustees to renew their commitment to mission and values.
Marian College and Agnesian HealthCare are sponsored by the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes Sponsorship Ministry. The Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes is a community of women who live, love and labor in 18 states across the U.S. and in Nicaragua and Honduras. The Sisters promote justice, peace/nonviolence, and systemic change through their ministries on behalf of women and children, the poor and the marginalized.