POSTING: March 4, 2013
POSITION: Executive Director of Adult and Graduate Studies (Regular, Full-time)
DEPARTMENT: Adult and Graduate Studies (AGS)
REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs (EVPAA)
JOB SUMMARY: The Executive Director is responsible for providing vision, leadership, and supervision of the staff and academic elements respective to Marian's Adult and Graduate Studies (AGS) program and its students.
- Manage organizational and operational aspects of the Adult and Graduate Studies (AGS) office so as to provide effective support with regard to delivery of quality instruction and related services for students enrolled in adult undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with Marian's administration, academic school personnel, and faculty to ensure full integration of AGS with the University's culture.
- Track market trends to identify opportunities to add new programs and innovative instructional delivery modalities to the existing AGS portfolio of programs.
- Ensure open, collaborative and fair administration of graduate admissions policies, standards and procedures through university admissions and graduate degree programs.
- Ensure planning and development of course schedules for AGS programs to serve students' needs and maximize enrollment.
- Ensure adequate instructional space and equipment for delivery of AGS programs in all locations.
- Report enrollment data each term respective to AGS programs and locations.
- Manage the process to assign faculty, approved by the respective school dean, to teach AGS courses and evaluate teaching performance, including oversight of the process to collect and collate student evaluations of AGS faculty.
- Collaborate with and support institutional efforts related to assessment for student learning in AGS programs.
- Hire, train and supervise staff responsible for the operation and support of AGS.
- Coordinate and manage protocols respective to thesis and dissertation publications.
- Develop and manage budgets related to AGS programs and facilities.
- Responsible for effective operations and maintenance of Marian's off-campus facilities used to provide instruction to AGS students.
- Prepare and facilitate all elements of accreditation/evaluation with respect to the Higher Learning Commission's multi-site accreditation approval process.
- Ensure open, collaborative and fair administration of policies, standards and procedures related to Adult and Graduate Studies programs, accreditation bodies, and consistent with Marian's academic program expectations.
- Ensure academic and student support services are provided for successful AGS student completion of programs.
- Facilitate the resolution of student issues, in consultation with the school deans and/or the EVPAA if needed.
- Participate in campus planning activities, especially those related to the support of AGS courses and programs.
- Serve on committees representing Adult and Graduate Studies programs (Curriculum and Educational Standards, General Education, Graduate Council, etc.) and facilitate the work of the academic enterprise as directed by the EVPAA.
- Maintain a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University Community.
Doctorate or Terminal Degree required. Progressive administrative responsibilities with a minimum of 7 years of experience in higher education. Knowledge of multiple instructional modalities: face-to-face and hybrid/online. Experience in teaching and peer evaluating teaching in higher education. Experience working with adult undergraduate and graduate degree programs, program development and budget development. Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Collaborative approach to decision making and problem solving. Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For consideration, please click here and submit a letter of interest, current resume, and name, address, and telephone number of three references.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice and joined together by spiritual traditions
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Strongly Committed to Diversity
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.