Persons outside the Marian Community may acquire a Cardinal Meyer Library Guest Card. It must be shown “on request” of library staff. A photo ID is required when applying for the card, which is $20 annually. The $20 annual fee is waived for Marian University Alumni. Cards are not issued to children younger than 14.
Application procedure: Application forms are available at the Library Circulation Desk. The completed form must be submitted with the required fee to the Library Circulation Desk. Benefits are available only to the individual named on the card.
Library resources available to Guest Card holders include the following:
- Checkout of circulating materials.
- Use of reference books and periodicals in the library.
- Use of library desktop computers when the use does not interfere with use by Marian University students and personnel.
- Reference assistance as time permits with priority given to students and faculty.
- Access to photocopiers (fee per copy).
Library resources not available to Guest Card holders include the following:
- Interlibrary loan services.
- Media equipment and laptops.
- Checkout of non-print materials — e.g. videos and CDs. Exception: Marian University Alumni may check out non-print materials.
Revocation of Guest Card: Guest Cards will be revoked if the guest does not observe the policies of the library. Fees are not refundable. Grounds for revocation include but are not limited to the following:
- Overdue materials.
- Unpaid fines.
- Failure to comply with library policies.
- Damage to library materials, facilities, equipment or computers.
- Failure to comply with the guidelines set forth in the University's Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy.